Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 3, Day 4

This weekend was terrible. My mother came to visit and she arrived early on Friday, which essentially turned it into a 4-day weekend for my diet. Weekends are always hard for me so this sucked because she insists on eating out for almost every meal. Maybe my kitchen frightens her, I don't know. So I started out OK, I had veggie sandwiches for lunch and dinner on Friday. Saturday my son had a baseball tournament, so breakfast was out. I started to slip, had a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A but I did get fruit instead of hash browns. Lunch was Mexican food and I did OK, chicken soft tacos and a few bites of my husband's nachos. I skipped dinner because I went to a concert. Sunday we had a cinnamon pizza since my husband had gone to Papa Murphy's the night before while I was out. Yeah, I ate some and then it wasn't so great. I made orange chicken for lunch, only ate a little but still . . . dinner was grabbed on the way to the lake, Jack in the Box, completely off course until Monday night. *sigh*

I expected the worst when I weighed in on Tuesday morning but I had only gained a couple of pounds which were gone again by Wednesday morning. And today I was down another pound. So, I survived it.

I've stopped going to the strength training class but I feel like I need to do some. I am really not thrilled about waddling around the weight section of the gym. Stupid, I know, but there it is. So I need to start doing something at home until I feel better about going over there. I didn't like the classes because I am a big believer in modification. It's something I have taken from Susan Powter and the yoga instructors are very big on it as well and then I go into this "sculpting" class and hear that we need to do 10 push ups and "not on your knees! Come on, you can do it!" Well actually, no, I can't. I'm fat, I don't have a lot of upper body strength yet and I am carrying around an extra 75 pounds, so no, I can't, in fact, do real push ups. She did some version of telling us NOT to modify in both classes I attended. So, meh. I'll do a Susan Powter DVD at home for strength training or just grab my hand weights and put together my own routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment