Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Week 4, Day 4

Such an incredibly frustrating time I having right now that I can't believe I am not eating my way through it. So I guess the fact that I am not is at least something. My oldest son is an incredibly gifted athlete. I don't say so because I am his mama. Everyone who sees him play tells us so. But we found out today that he will probably have to have surgery on his wrist. It breaks my heart on so many levels. The pain he is going through, the grounding from sports, even his cello will be taken away if he has to have the surgery. And on top of that, as crappy as it is that I must think about it, is the cost. We're already barely treading water at the moment and this is just one more thing. Oh and then there's the possibility that he'll lose range of motion permanently and that adds a whole new dimension of suckitude. But I am not eating my way through this. I am just sitting here crying and feeling crappy, but I'm feeling it, not eating it. Yay me?

I was down another pound today. Eight pounds so far, which is right on target for the pace I set for myself. I did manage to do a whole hour on the elliptical today and my foot is finally feeling better. I do love that elliptical. I always feel so spent after the treadmill. Not in a good way but in a "Oh my gawd, I just walked for an hour and I would like to lie down now" way. When I do the elliptical it's just a totally different feeling. I can't even explain it. Plus, I noticed that with the barefoot shoes, I sounded like I was STOMPING on the treadmill. Clearly, I do walk differently in them and it was weird. And LOUD. And embarrassing!

I was looking at other weight loss blogs the other day and I was looking at someone's before and after photos. It was so inspiring and encouraging to see someone actually DO it. No surgery, no TV show, just hard work. I thought, I'm still in the before shot but man, I CAN get to that after shot! I'm doing it! Eight pounds gone already!


No comments:

Post a Comment