Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, September 17, 2010

Eating & Emotions

Feeling better today. My husband and I did a lot of research yesterday and talked to our son quite a bit to really try and lock down a better date of when this pain started. He said it's been going on for about a year. But he has always, since he was a little boy, been way off when talking about time. "Years ago, when I was 5..." and we'd laugh and say "You're only 6 now, dude." Part of why the doctor thought nothing else would work is because it has supposedly been this way for a year. But if it's only been a few months, which we think is the case, then that makes a difference. So anyway, we're going to exhaust all non-surgical options before proceeding with an MRI and surgery. No sports for a while and frankly, I think the kid needs the break, even if he doesn't realize it. He's not complaining AT ALL, which makes me think he must welcome it.

I am glad I didn't "eat down" what I was feeling yesterday. I was hella stressed and cried a lot. I just felt what I felt rather than eating it away. And today is the same day it would have been except that my weight didn't go up. I am the better for feeling the emotions and I know I can do it now. It makes me feel like maybe I am ready to try the things outlined in "Women Food and God" and learn how to eat like a normal person. Time for a re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment