Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 4, Day 1

So, the new shoes were much better except for a blister. My husband informed me after the fact that I should have eased into them slowly. Thanks, hon. But no heel pain, really no noticeable pain other than the blister, which is high on the ball of my foot, under the big toe. Interesting. I mean sure, my feet don't feel pleasant when I walk for an hour because, hello, I am walking for an hour and I have a lot more weight than my wee feet should carry. But it was better. And I only noticed one person staring at my feet. Ha!

I am trying to make better choices for the whole family so when I grocery shopped today, I did not buy any snacky crap. My young one was not pleased. "What am I supposed to eat?" he cried. Um, bananas, apples, raisins? Popcorn if you must have crunchy, salty. He ended up eating an apple because the Honeycrisps are back! The best apple ever. I've got to remember that he'll protest a little but then he gets over it and eats a fruit if he is truly hungry.

Speaking of better choices, I made a meal the other night that sort of confounded me. It was a whole chicken, roasted on a bed of potatoes and onions. I have made it many times before and it is very delicious. I wasn't planning on making it anymore since I am on a "diet" but meat was expensive last week and a whole chicken is just 88 cents per pound, so I ended up with a bird. But even though it seems much too decadent to be "diet food" it IS whole, real food. A whole chicken, just salted, a bit of butter on the bottom of the pan, fresh potatoes, fresh onions. And I made fresh Brussels sprouts to go with. Just real food. And I thought it was kind of ridiculous to worry about a meal like that. Fortunately, when I weighed in the next morning, the scale was down so I felt justified. It is certainly something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment