Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Marie Claire strikes again!

You can read the "lovely" article here.

Should anyone ever wonder why I am loathe to use the strength training portion of my gym? Try this quote on for size:

"To be brutally honest, even in real life, I find it aesthetically displeasing to watch a very, very fat person simply walk across a room."

Now, I don't know whether I meet the author's definition of a very, very fat person. But I meet mine and thus I automatically insert myself in that scenario. That article got a lot of comments expressing dismay at the attitude but subsequent articles about the fallout have discussions in their comments sections about fat people that are disturbing, to say the least.

I don't want to lift weights at my gym because I worry that people are wrinkling their noses in disgust at the fat lady on the pec deck. Now I know it's not all in my head. I'll just do my strength work at home, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment