Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Eating.

I was pleased to read this post today by a blogger called MizFit. I was actually thinking about my eating "plan" earlier today which has been to just try and eat "better." I don't want to count calories or track my food and I don't/can't, even when I try to, I just always forget about it. So I have been just listening to my body, trying to eat when I am hungry and don't when I am not. My choices aren't always perfect. In fact, I know that a lot of what I eat could be better and that's what I need to work on. I was wondering earlier today in fact, since I am losing weight so slowly, but am losing it, if I should just continue on this course. I think yes. Would I like this process to be faster? Yes. Maybe it will be faster if I improve the quality of my food more, but yeah, I need to keep beating down the voice in my head telling me to eat less and less.

I need to switch from Cheerios to oatmeal. I need to stop eating granola bars filled with chocolate. But I need to also give up any expectation of perfection. Because not only am I not going to achieve it, I don't really want to. I want to have Chick-Fil-A or Subway now and then. I want to enjoy an ice cream cone every once in a while. But most of the time, I need to be eating much, much better. I am getting there, slowly but surely. Except for today, when hormones compelled me to wolf down far too much "trail mix" aka peanuts, raisins and chocolate chips. Oops. Back on the horse right now, not tomorrow. Pork loin, rice and Brussels sprouts for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment