Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I think I need to steer clear of the Internets.

Between the people saying that fat people are gross and curly hair is gross, I have no self esteem left. I mean, look, I know better. People tell me all the time how great my curls are and how they can't believe my hair just does that all on its own. The fat part is harder to gloss over. I know, I know I shouldn't care what random idiots on the internet think. But it still stings.

However, I did happen upon something quite helpful. I was looking through my book that I plan to use and saw some menus. Normally, those diet book menus suck. I don't like half the food or they ask me to eat some weird tiny portion, like three olives, leaving me with a bunch of the whatever left over. The first menu was for "people who like to cook." It was OK, seven days of meals. But then there was the menu for "noncookers." This was so excellent. Simple, simple stuff. Very little processed crap, a slice of bread here, a pita pocket there. I added up a day and it was about 1500 calories. And it was thirty days!

I don't suffer from any delusions that I can follow this menu perfectly every single day, but I think that if I give it my best, it will really, really help me. And JW (Jackie Warner, the author) allows for two cheat meals per week. The holidays are coming, I can't and won't be perfect, as I said. But I can stick to it most days, I reckon! No one is shopping for me or handing me the food, but the menu is planned and making a list from that is easy. And the dinners call for four ounces of a protein, so I can just cook a pork tenderloin for the whole family, for example, and weigh out my portion.

I won't pretend I don't hate measuring and counting. But I have to get disciplined for this to happen. Suck it up and do the work. No more trying to wing it, that's clearly not working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment