Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gimme some Coke Zero, man!

OK, I'm kidding. Mostly. But this sucks. I realized upon giving up my beloved Coke Zero that one thing it does for me is allow me to have something sweet in my mouth all day long. That's not good, I guess and probably better that I cut that out. But I find myself really missing it and that's hard. I have been having a cup of tea in the mornings with a packet of Stevia (or in my case "Purevia"). I feel like it's better than artificial sweeteners. But I am inclined to switch to honey and suck up the extra calories. (Sorry, I cannot drink my tea unsweetened. It's yucky.)

My husband and I had "the talk" last night, as we periodically do, about buying better food. Although I am a stay-at-home mom, contrary to popular belief, this does not mean we are wealthy people. So, I clip coupons and try to save as much on food as I can while still making sure there's plenty to eat. But as parents, we realize that we can do better, it's just so hard to release that extra cash. I'm going to figure it out though. I need to find a way to make it work. I can shop Whole Foods just like I do Kroger - what's on sale thins week? It'll cost more but maybe I can keep it from going into the astronomical range. And the biggest culprit is meat. So, the obvious answer is to reduce our consumption. We can afford to do this, we just haven't made it a priority like we should.

So, this morning I did not want to go to the gym. So much so that I contemplated not going at all, then I put it off for a little bit this morning so I could watch The Defenders. But int he end I went and had an amazing workout, my time on the elliptical was better than usual. Maybe P!nk helped, I don't know. But I am glad I went. Now I am going to vegetate for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment