Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WW Online

I ended up joining WW Online. I am really not a meeting type of person. This week I consider sort of dipping my toe in the water. I was "on plan" the first couple of days but found myself ravenously hungry yesterday and I know I went over my daily points even though I stopped tracking. I am trying to figure out how to eat better so as to not be so hungry. I don't think I subsist on junk. I had oatmeal yesterday for breakfast, soup for lunch, fish tacos for dinner. I see these women on the message boards and they're always bragging about how they're SO satisfied and still have 20 billion points left! I think they're full of crap. Or maybe the hunger settles down eventually. I hope it's the latter.

I know that the points are just a glorified way of counting calories but they sure do make it easier. I think it is going to help me through those times when I am not able to eat well. When we're knee deep in baseball tournaments and all I can get is fast food, I will be able to control it now.

I was reading an article about the new points system the other day and the "dangers" of fruit. At first, I was annoyed, because I really hate to see people frightened away from eating fruit just because it has "sugar" in it. But then I was reading the comments and one woman was quite distraught as she had added FIVE oranges and THREE bananas PER DAY to her diet and gained weight. Uh, yeah, I guess that could be a problem. I just don't understand the lack of common sense. And it still frustrates me because people with half a brain who would never eat that much fruit are still being discouraged from eating it at all because of people like her. Which goes against the reason for the change. Whatever, I can't worry about other people, I guess.

Speaking of the message boards, I was pleasantly surprised that they don't seem as hostile as they used to be. There was a time when WW message boards were a very vicious, nasty place. It was even talked about outside the WW world, like "don't go there, they will KEEL YOU!!!" But better now, yes. Usually. I've spotted a couple of snarkmongers.

I still weigh daily on my Wii. I did regain a good portion of what I had previously lost. *sigh* but I am back down a few pounds already. So, that's my first few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment