Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

So, yeah, I'm not back as soon as I thought I'd be. Holidays still in the way but tomorrow for sure. Not even waitin' on Monday. My plans are still pretty much the same with one addition. I have decided to join Weight Watchers. I have been reluctant to do so as, at least here locally, it seemed to be all about getting as much crap as you could for the least amount of points. I want someone encouraging me to eat good food and not encouraging me to make some sort of cake concoction with diet soda. The new points system sounds appealing and I like that there seems to be more of a focus on what you eat, in addition to how much.

Speaking of diet soda, I tasted one at Xmas at my mom's house. GROSS! Which made me very happy. Since they don't taste good anymore, I am far less likely to get hooked on them again. Tomorrow I get rid of the real Cokes. I am switching to green tea.

I can't get to a meeting until Tuesday but I think I will go in tomorrow and sign up. Just so I can get the materials and get started. I talked to my husband a little about calculators and guides such and he was very encouraging to buy anything I needed. I know I don't need his permission, but as a stay-home mom I do worry about spending money on myself. So it just makes me feel better when he reassures me that it's OK, not to worry about it.

1 comment:

  1. When I rejoined WW two years ago, I felt defeated and embarrassed. I thought it was a sign of personal failure that I needed a program to be healthy. But it turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Tomorrow marks my 2nd anniversary with Club WW and since I joined I've learned how to eat and live healthy.

    I lucked into a great meeting with a terrific leader. Make sure you're comfortable with your group because the leader can make a huge difference. The new program is really good and definitely focuses more on healthy food choices. The points are a gimmick (every "diet" has one), but the science behind it is sound.

    As far as buying the calculators and books, I'm using the eTools online and on my phone. If that is an option for you, all of the information is there without having to buy the extras (although there is a monthly subscription...I pay $13 per month for it).

    Good luck and have a healthy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete