Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 1 Day 6

I began in earnest this week to get my shit together. I signed up for the Biggest Loser Club, partially to get some meal ideas (and I was hoping some other tools, but there's not much there that I find useful.) But also partially because I got three books when I signed up and even if I don't continue with the membership beyond the initial three months, that's a good deal. Part of why I haven't lost weight before now is my own head. I have read probably every diet and nutrition book known to man. And with that comes information overload. I know the dangers of fat AND carbs AND protein. But ya gotta eat. So I had this ideal diet in my head and if I couldn't live up to it, why bother? But I have managed to eat well this week, without being terribly hungry. And I am still eating meat and a little processed food, but overall my diet was good. I gave up the dream that I would someday be a super duper healthy vegan who shops only at Whole Foods. But I also gave up the reality of eating crap and too much of it.

I also started going to the gym steadily instead of once every two weeks. I did about an hour of cardio every day plus a yoga class. Except Wednesday, there was no class that day and I chose to take a breather. Now that I have seen the classes, I like the instructor who teaches Mondays and Fridays the best. That works out really well because on Tuesdays and Thursdays there are strength training classes. I think I might make Wednesday a light day instead of taking it off entirely and then take the weekends off. 5 hours of cardio plus two yoga classes and two strength classes sounds like a really good mix.

I started on Monday and I am down four pounds so far. I truly feel like I have tapped into something that I can do for the long haul.


No comments:

Post a Comment